In Cuba, life is not that easy. But thanks to a book she was given, this young woman found new horizons.
As Diana explains in the video included in this article, Cuba is a vibrant, colorful island that visitors will always find exciting. Its exceptional beaches by the Caribbean Sea, the beats of Cuban son music, the architecture of Old Havana, the always-shining sun… But, once one steps away from all this touristic charm, the difficulties of real life in Cuba appear.
The hardships of everyday life Cuba often lead people to fall into despair. The future looks difficult. Depression is frequent.
Books that bring hope.
Diana speaks from her own experience. She grew up among the difficulties most Catholic Cuban families must face in the island. But, little by little, in Sunday School, she discovered Jesus. Thanks to the books she and other children and teens had access to, she made her spiritual life richer, deeper, and more meaningful.
Diana is both happy and grateful for the faith in Jesus she received, and wants to pass the joys of Christian life on to others: she is now a catechist.
These catechetic books reached Diana and many other Cuban youngsters thanks to the Gifts of Faith sent by Aid to the Church in Need (ACN).
A very special Christmas
This Christmas, you can also contribute to this mission. Why not trading a regular gift for a special Gift of Faith? Thanks to these gifts, Aid to the Church in Need can bring joy to many young people like Diana, in Cuba and elsewhere. You can do it on your own behalf or on behalf of your family and friends. The process is quite simple, and your gift can make this Christmas unique for many people.
You can make your “Gift of faith” this Christmas by donating to ACN:
- If you are making your Gift of Faith from the U.S., use this link: https://bit.ly/2NQHjPF
- If you are making your Gift of Faith from Canada, use this link: https://bit.ly/32P7ev5
- If you are making your Gift of Faith from the UK, use this link: https://bit.ly/2qfZCEL
- If you are making your Gift of Faith from Australia, use this link: https://bit.ly/33QDiAd
- If you are making your Gift of Faith from any other country, use this link: https://bit.ly/34ceeUz
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!