Give an hour of your time and #Go2Mass for a suffering Christian, says Aid to the Church in Need.
According to “Persecuted and Forgotten?,“ ACN’s report released in November of 2019, Christians around the world are kidnapped, murdered, and often targeted by violent militant extremists who see them as a legitimate alternative to a direct strike against the West.
Every year ACN funds over 5,000 projects in more than 140 countries to help provide pastoral and spiritual support for those who need it.
While material support to help priests, seminarians and religious sisters serve their communities is very much in need, they are also in need of your prayers.
As part of their #Go2Mass campaign, Aid to the Church in Need is asking for an hour of your time to go to Mass for a suffering Christian.
The campaign calls on Catholics to answer Pope Francis’ call to pray for the persecuted, when he said, “Today there are more [martyrs] than in the first ages – but the media says nothing about them, because it’s not news.”
For those who would like to “Go to Mass for someone who can’t,” they offer these suggestions:
- Go to a Mass you wouldn’t normally go to. If you already go on Sundays go to an extra Mass in the week. If you don’t go on a Sunday, go then.
- Offer the Mass for all persecuted Christians/a particular person being persecuted/a country e.g. North Korea, Syria, Nigeria etc.
- Share your #Go2Mass post – Take a selfie outside the Church and share your post using #Go2Mass
To learn more visit acnuk.org.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!