Ryan Colby writes about the sudden tragic passing in December of 2018 of the woman he intended to marry, the 26-year-old journalist, Bre Payton.
I don’t know why Bre was taken from us, and I may never know. Trust in God’s divine providence is not easy, and the trials and tribulations that have appeared in the wake of her death are hard to shoulder. However, there is eternal hope. For we know the stone was rolled away and the tomb was empty.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!