If you are having difficulty with the idea of going to confession, ask your Guardian Angel to give you strength!
If you are hesitating at all, turn to your Guardian Angel for help! Catholics firmly believe that God assigns an angel to be at our side, whose primary goal is to get us to Heaven.
Even though we do not see or hear them, they have an ability to encourage us and give us strength in our time of need. All we need to do is be open to their spiritual assistance and ask them for help.
Below is a short prayer from the Golden Manual that is directed to your Guardian Angel, as well as the saints of Heaven, asking all your spiritual friends for strength to confess your sins to a priest, so that you may feel the mercy of God wash over you.
I ask you, O my Guardian Angel, my holy patrons N. N.; St. Peter and St. Mary Magdalen, and of all the saints of God. Intercede for me a sinner, assist me that I may be able to declare my sins to the priest, fully, humbly, and with a contrite heart. Send forth God’s light into my soul, and reveal to me all those sins which I ought to confess at this time. O most merciful Jesus, be merciful unto me a sinner. Amen.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!