Heroic Media has an internet advertising platform that redirects women to pregnancy help centers.
One organization will be raising money to help it remain the nation’s number one abortion provider, while the other will seek funds to help pregnant women find resources to help them choose life. Last year, Heroic Media’s free event garnered $1.4 million while the Planned Parenthood luncheon raised $2.2 million with tickets priced at $250 each.
This year, Heroic Media will be striving to out-fundraise its rival. Tickets for the free luncheon at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in Grapevine are already sold out, but supporters will be able to view a live-streaming of the event. New England Patriots’ all-star tight end Benjamin Watson and his wife, Kirsten, are serving as honorary chairpersons, and filmmaker Jason Jones will address the event. Jones and Watson have produced a new documentary — Divided Hearts of America: The Truth About Abortion in America — to be released later this year.
Jones’s film projects include The Stoning of Soraya M, Bella and Crescendo. He is President of Movie to Movement and the Human Rights Education Organization (H.E.R.O.).
Proceeds from the event fund Heroic Media’s OAASYS (On-demand Alternatives to Abortion SYStem), an internet advertising platform that redirects abortion-seeking women away from Planned Parenthood, connecting them instead to pro-life pregnancy help centers.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!