We visited every drive-through we could find, and here’s what to eat and what to avoid.
Last year, Aleteia took a look at some fast-food options for Catholic fasters on the go, and we examined four of the biggest names in the industry: McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, and Checkers. This time, however, we’ve thrown a few more into the mix, like Chick-fil-A and Long John Silver.
Some of the new places we tried were surprisingly good, but a few of the ones we liked last year just didn’t hit the mark. We would like it noted that the tasters, all of whom routinely eat fast food, were exceptionally hungry when we conducted the comparison — and we had worried that this would skew the results — but still, we found that we liked fewer than half of the contestants this year.
Take a look at our slide show to see which fast food restaurants do fish well and which ones you should never, ever visit on a Lenten Friday.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!