We visited every drive-through we could find, and here’s what to eat and what to avoid.
Last year, Aleteia took a look at some fast-food options for Catholic fasters on the go, and we examined four of the biggest names in the industry: McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, and Checkers. This time, however, we’ve thrown a few more into the mix, like Chick-fil-A and Long John Silver.
Some of the new places we tried were surprisingly good, but a few of the ones we liked last year just didn’t hit the mark. We would like it noted that the tasters, all of whom routinely eat fast food, were exceptionally hungry when we conducted the comparison — and we had worried that this would skew the results — but still, we found that we liked fewer than half of the contestants this year.
Take a look at our slide show to see which fast food restaurants do fish well and which ones you should never, ever visit on a Lenten Friday.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!