Ask for God’s angelic commander to guard you and your family from both spiritual and physical danger.
He was frequently called upon during the deadly medieval plagues and most recently was invoked in Monte Gargano at the site of an ancient apparition for protection against COVID-19.
Here is a prayer from the Raccolta that asks for St. Michael’s protection against any illness or evil, recalling his role as heavenly guardian and commander.
Michael, glorious Prince chief and champion of the heavenly host, guardian of the souls of men. conqueror of the rebel angels, steward of the palace of God, under Jesus Christ our worthy captain, endowed with superhuman excellence and virtue, vouchsafe to free us all from every ill, who with full confidence have recourse to you; and by your incomparable protection enable us to make progress each day in the faithful service of our God.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!