Ask for God’s angelic commander to guard you and your family from both spiritual and physical danger.
He was frequently called upon during the deadly medieval plagues and most recently was invoked in Monte Gargano at the site of an ancient apparition for protection against COVID-19.
Here is a prayer from the Raccolta that asks for St. Michael’s protection against any illness or evil, recalling his role as heavenly guardian and commander.
Michael, glorious Prince chief and champion of the heavenly host, guardian of the souls of men. conqueror of the rebel angels, steward of the palace of God, under Jesus Christ our worthy captain, endowed with superhuman excellence and virtue, vouchsafe to free us all from every ill, who with full confidence have recourse to you; and by your incomparable protection enable us to make progress each day in the faithful service of our God.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!