Scriptures show Jesus’ Mediterranean diet included figs, fish, lamb, wine, and olive oil.
While it is true that there are limited recipes available from 2,000 years ago, the Bible is littered with information about what Jesus ate — and it goes beyond those loaves and fishes! If you click on the slideshow below, you’ll discover some of the foods that Jesus and his Apostles would have eaten that may be helpful when you’re thinking about your next healthy meal.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!