Make time for one of these before the weather gets too cold!
Best of all, these don’t require any great level of athletic skill, so you really can invite anyone to join you. Before the cold weather is here to stay, make time for at least one of these three sports!
A game of golf isn’t just a fun and friendly competition. It’s also a chance to enjoy the great outdoors, chat and spend time with friends or family, and get some exercise. Disc golf is a great alternative, and may be more easily accessible. Bring along a friend, or your dad and brother, and get out on the green while the mild weather holds!
Whether your game of choice is tennis, squash, or racquetball, racket sports are a great form of exercise and, honestly, stress relief: Just try smashing some balls on the court next time you have a rough day!
You might prefer kayaking, white water rafting, or pitching in with friends to rent a pontoon boat for the afternoon. Whatever your plan is, everyone will enjoy a day out on the water: As Kenneth Grahame wrote in The Wind in the Willows, “There is nothing—absolutely nothing—half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” If the day is a little chilly, just bring a sweater, and you’ll still have a blast (and possibly score a deal on rentals in the “off season!”).
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!