Helena Daily curates uplifting content to help Catholic women integrate their faith and daily life.
Women of faith can often feel like they have one foot in two different worlds — one in which they’re fed spiritually, the other in which they can get their love for things like food, fashion, style, and travel met. A new site for women called Helena Daily hopes to bridge this divide.
Inspired by the story of St. Helena (Empress of Rome and mother of Constantine), Helena Daily provides “a fresh collection of media curated daily for the whole Catholic woman,” according to their website. The editors scour the internet for content their readers will enjoy and post 10 links each day. The site has a blog called “Off the Cuff” and curates videos and podcasts as well.
Helena Daily editor Carrie Gress says there’s plenty of content out there to uplift and inspire the modern Catholic woman as she strives to live out her faith, and Helena Daily wants to bring the best of it together in one place.
“Catholic women often feel marginalized by our current culture — even something as simple as flipping through a magazine reminds us of this void between our values and the culture’s,” says Gress. “But our homes, clothing, health, hospitality, travel, and so on, are still very relevant to us. With Helena Daily, we wanted to create a place where women could engage in these other important areas of life and experience joy and inspiration, instead of feeling like the things they hold most dear must be excluded.”
Check out Helena Daily’s video to find out more:
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!