It all started with a Knights of Columbus fundraiser at a Notre Dame football game…
Since 1973, the Notre Dame Knights of Columbus have delighted Fighting Irish football fans with their iconic pre-game steak sandwich sale. But for the Knights it’s about a lot more than grilling steaks and selling sandwiches. To date they’ve raised $1.5 million for various charitable causes, including life-saving ultrasound machines.
For one woman, this machine at a local pregnancy center changed her perspective. “They don’t realize how much of a difference this makes in a woman’s life,” she says in the video, part of the Everyday Heroes series produced by the Knights of Columbus. “As soon as I saw Brooklyn on the screen, I said she’s alive, I have to have her.”
The impact of ultrasound can’t be understated, says one of the clinicians. “It’s profoundly life-saving. Ultrasound is the moment that most women say they make a decision for life.”
Be sure to watch other videos from this series, including:
You can find more inspiring stories about these Everyday Heroes on the Knights of Columbus YouTube Channel.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!