The Knights of Columbus profiles one athlete with a heart of gold.
Heroes are those who overcome immense challenges and inspire others to do the same. Chris Dooley, a multi-sport Special Olympian from Maryland, fits that description. Chris, who is also an active Knight of Columbus, reveals the triumph and heroism of Special Olympics athletes who give witness to the dignity of those with intellectual disabilities.
“My Catholic faith keeps me motivated, and keeps me going,” he says in the video.
Be sure to watch other videos from this series, including:
You can find more inspiring stories about these Everyday Heroes on the Knights of Columbus YouTube Channel.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!