An anonymous donation during a harrowing shift is a great reminder to look out for others.
So when Turley and his crew returned to their ambulance after attending to a patient recently, they were surprised and delighted to find a note attached to their windscreen, along with a £10 note (that’s about $13). It stated: “You’re blocking our drive … No worries. Buy a coffee when you can.” Turley said the crew’s first thought was that it was another complaint. However, they found the thoughtful act of kindness “really uplifting and [it] restored our faith in humanity.”
The anonymous donation came during a “busy and emotional shift,” explained Turley, and we loved that the donor was thoughtful enough to recognize that the crew might not even have time to have that cup of coffee. Turley also pointed out that paramedics do their best to park their ambulances in convenient places, but saving lives has to be their priority.
The thoughtful gesture is a timely reminder to us all to look out for others, even — or especially — when we feel inconvenienced.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!