Discover how converting to Catholicism changed the day-to-day lives of these royals.
So imagine what it can be like for members of royalty to follow their beliefs, especially when they are contrary to what is expected of them. Today we feature a few of the men and women who broke with centuries of tradition and embraced the Catholic faith. Some willingly gave up their place in the line of succession to the throne; others felt compelled to join the Church out of conviction, for love, or were inspired by a beloved pope.
One thing is for sure, these devout royals, irrespective of what they stood to lose, made the decision to “seek first the Kingdom of God,” demonstrating that their status before God was far more important than any regal status.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!