The Book of Proverbs has a perfect verse that can be used as a night prayer with your child.
One way to reassure them and give them some extra spiritual protection is to bless them at night with the following prayer from the Book of Proverbs.
It is a simple prayer, one that reminds the child of God’s presence. These words, interestingly enough, are in the context of an address from the writer to his “son.”
When you lie down, you will not be afraid,
when you rest, your sleep will be sweet. (Proverbs 3:24)
Say these words to your child with a strong faith in God, trusting that he will follow through and give your child the dreams they desire. We may not be able to control the dreams our children have, but we know Someone who can intervene. Thankfully, God has a soft-spot for children and will gladly respond to these simple prayers of the heart.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!