Nothing sparks more joy than seeing an enthusiastic teacher showing her eager student the ropes.
While the coffee shop is going from strength to strength — opening further locations in Carolina, Georgia, with more on the way — its employees are also flourishing. As this adorable video shows, barista, Katie, is sharing her newfound skills with others. In fact, her protege happens to be Wright’s own daughter, Bitty, who also has Down syndrome. And just by looking at the glee on Katie’s face from passing on her pearls of wisdom, you’ll see why the coffee shop was dubbed the “Happiest Place in Wilmington.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!