Nothing sparks more joy than seeing an enthusiastic teacher showing her eager student the ropes.
While the coffee shop is going from strength to strength — opening further locations in Carolina, Georgia, with more on the way — its employees are also flourishing. As this adorable video shows, barista, Katie, is sharing her newfound skills with others. In fact, her protege happens to be Wright’s own daughter, Bitty, who also has Down syndrome. And just by looking at the glee on Katie’s face from passing on her pearls of wisdom, you’ll see why the coffee shop was dubbed the “Happiest Place in Wilmington.”
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!