This annual exhibit is in its 44th year and runs this year through January 12
As well as looking at the over 150 Nativity scenes which come from Italy and more than 40 other countries, the pope said a prayer and blessed those present.
The exhibition is now in its 44th year and is hosted by the Vatican’s Pontifical Council for the New Evangelization.
The 2019 edition of 100 Presepi runs until January 12, at the Pius X Hall in Rome’s Via del Ospedale.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!