If you or your kids need a little motivation, look to the words of the late sporting hero.
Although he’d racked up numerous basketball accolades in his 20-year career on the courts, the former LA Lakers’ player also achieved an incredible amount of success since retiring from the game nearly four years ago. While proving his business skills, Bryant also founded a basketball academy — where he was heading with his daughter and others for a game, during the fatal helicopter trip — and was heavily involved in philanthropic work.
In his 41 years, Bryant packed in an incredible amount professionally while also being a dad to four girls and husband to Vanessa Bryant, his wife of 18 years. The road wasn’t always easy, but Bryant’s focus, determination, and fighting spirit are a great example for those times when you need confidence, or just a big nudge to keep going. Here are some of Bryant’s most inspiring motivational quotes.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!