This past Father’s Day was special for Rob Kenney and his subscribers in many ways.
The 56-year-old dad of two also sent gift cards to “deserving dads” out there this past Father’s Day. As the kind-hearted Kenney pointed out to Today, there are many good dads out there. Since Kenney had issues in his own childhood, he is in a very good place to recognize the great dads playing a vital role in their families.
Perhaps most important is the uplifting Father’s Day message Kenney gave to those who follow him. In a message of thanks to fans who sent him cards and gifts, he also took the time to encourage children with dads to appreciate them; for kids who’ve lost their dads to remember them; and for those who’ve never had a dad, or whose father wasn’t a good dad, to forgive them. He encouraged his viewers to realize that they can be a great dad when their time comes, no matter what their own situation has been. They can break the cycle.
Kenney also took the time to address the dads out there who might feel they’re going off-track. He encouraged them to ‘re-engage” and impressed the fact they’re needed and it’s not too late.
It’s wonderful to see how one man has used his own traumatic childhood for the good of others, and it’s even better to see this wonderful dad championing the importance of men being a positive presence in their children’s lives.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!