Here are the reasons why some things change at Mass during Lent.
During Lent the Church uses the liturgy to refocus our attention on God and to prepare our hearts to celebrate Jesus’ Passion, death and resurrection.
Here are 10 traditions that you may see at Mass during Lent.
- Why do priests wear violet during Lent?
- Why is my priest wearing pink?
- Why are the Gloria and Alleluia omitted during Lent?
- Why do Catholics cover crucifixes and statues during Holy Week?
- What is the symbolism of ashes on Ash Wednesday?
- These powerful exorcisms are performed in parishes every year
- Why Flowers are not permitted at Mass during Lent
- Why priests wear red on Palm Sunday
- What is Passiontide?
- What should I do with my blessed palms?
Why do priests wear violet during Lent?