It’s not always easy keeping calm at work, especially when you’re facing a very demanding day.
There’s no magic formula to resolve all our worries with a snap of the fingers. But, there’s still prayer! In and of itself, it can often help you through this kind of day to stay calm and retain the sense of a job well done. If you think you don’t have the time to pray — because your phone just won’t stop ringing — here’s a prayer you can recite in a few seconds..
Lord Jesus, in vain do I work this hard
if you’re not here working beside me.
Be there at the heart of my activity
for, without You, I can do nothing.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!