To help those suffering, here’s a prayer written by Adrienne von Speyr, a Swiss doctor and theologian.
Lord, bless the sick and all those who suffer.
Show them through your suffering on the Cross
that in your Passion all suffering
is meant to redeem the world.
Give them strength, courage and patience.
Grant them by your grace to shine in sickness,
their suffering which contributes to the love,
that transforms the suffering of others.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!