Francis notes Friday’s intention that priests will be holy and ministers of the joy of the Gospel.
The pope noted the upcoming feast in his greetings to Spanish-language faithful at the end of the general audience on June 17.
“I encourage you to pray for priests,” he said, “for your parish priest, for those who are close to you and you know … so that through your prayer, the Lord strengthens them in their vocation and comforts them in their ministry, and that they always be ministers of the Joy of the Gospel for all people.”
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!